Monday, December 1, 2008

Our First Family Portrait!

We are here in Kigali enjoying nice 26 degree weather! We were met at the airport by Jennifer, Serge and Momma Jocelyne/Josephine :) We were able to settle down into our nice and comfortable bed & breakfast then were taken to Cafe Bourbon. We thought we were going to go without Starbucks... but this is just as good if not better! After lunch and cafe lattes, it was time to go to the orphanage!

And here he is! Isaiah Christian Giraneza Klassen! We were so excited to meet him & hold him... he on the other hand was a little apprehensive. This precious little guy made no sounds but gave us the deer in the headlights look - I think a little overwhelmed and not really knowing what was going on. The sisters at the orphanage told us that he LOVES to be held and gets upset when he is not being looked after. After about 15 minutes, we started to snuggle in and warm up... very overwhelming for us!

We still have a few more papers to take care of here in Kigali before we can take him full-time, but we are allowed to have him during the days... very exciting and will allow us to get some much needed rest.

Anyways, will post more details later, enjoy our first family portrait...

10 comments:

  1. Great photo! Not just for the photo itself, but also for the story behind it. Congratulations to all three of you! Now get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been checking all day - Finally!! This is surreal...I don't even know what the expression on Jo's face is - maybe just pure joy and exhaustion? Can't wait to see more pictures and hear every detail....Miss you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed how he has your thumb in his grasp..so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious photo! Congratulations Jeff & Johanna...I can feel your happiness through my computer screen. :)
    j

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh!!! My nephew is adorable!!!! I am so happy for you guys:) I've been checking all day too! I'm glad the students in my class have just gone home because I started blubbering right away! I can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so-o-o-o excited for all three of you. You'll make great parents. We can't wait to get over there and meet this little guy in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeff, Johanna and Isaiah...what a beautiful family. May God continue to bless you and grant you favour as you continue your journey. Lots of love.
    Aunt Dianne & Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Aunt Jo and Uncle Jeff. I saw the cute picture of you and my new cousin Isaiah. He is beautiful. I can't wait until you come back and I can snuggle with him myself. You will be great parents just like you are a great aunt and uncle. love Sebastian

    What a precious gift - love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Jeff and Johanna!
    Isaiah is just beautiful and you two look like such proud parents.
    Love the Warkentins

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete